The Road Home
Thick Cut Bacon, Parsley Hash Brown, and a Sunny-Side Up EggIngredients:
- 3 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 cup thinly sliced potato sticks (or frozen hash browns)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a pan on high, and fry up 3 slices of bacon. Reduce the heat to medium and cook on each side for about 7 minutes.
- Take about a table spoon of bacon fat, and put it in another pan on high heat. Throw in a cup of thinly sliced potato.
- Add the garlic powder and crushed pepper to the potato. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top. Add the chopped parsley.
- In a separate pan, add about 1 teaspoon bacon fat, heat it up till sizzling.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and crack an extra large egg into the pan. Crack some pepper and add a pinch of salt on top. Cover, and turn off the heat. Let it sit while the potato and bacon finishes cooking, for about (15 & 14 minutes total). The egg should cook for no more than 6 minutes total with the heat off.