The Road Home
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip CookiesIngredients:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- Hefty pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2-3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup butter @ room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (optional because I forgot to buy it and it turned out fine) (not really optional though) (also, I suspect Jack Daniels or Jameson would make a great substitute – somebody should try it out)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium-large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and soda and spices.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar on high, until fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in egg, vanilla and pumpkin also for about 3-4 minutes, until blended. Don't freak out if it looks curdled, it will do that, and it will be ok.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients until just mixed. Then slowly mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheet.
- Bake until edges are golden brown. The recipe I was working off said 10 minutes, mine took like 25. Start checking at 10 - you'll know.
- Cool on sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to baking rack and eat them all!