The Road Home
Hubeners Butter-S – German Christmas BiscuitsIngredients:
- 250 g butter
- 250 g sugar
- 500 g flour
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of baking powder
- Mix those ingredients till you get a nice dough.
- Then you need something to form the biscuits. We usually use a masticator or a mincer or how ever you might call it. It helps you to get pieces of a line, which you form in a S-shape. That’s just important for the name, but doesn’t really matter.
- Then put them in the pre-heated oven at 200°C (392°F) for about 10 minutes.
- When they are cooled down, dip them in melted dark chocolate. To melt the chocolate, I have one advice: put the chocolate in a bowl and the bowl in hot water. Then it’ll work out fine.
- Enjoy the German „Weihnachtsbäckerei“ and let me know, if you like my family’s butter-S. Merry Christmas!