The Road Home
Creepy Cauliflower Brain Dip with GuacamoleIngredients:Guacamole
- 4 ripe avocados peeled and pitted
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro (optional)
- 1 4 ounce can finely chopped seeded jalapeno chilies**
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup of tomatoes, diced and seeded (or canned diced tomatoes in the winter)
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 package of red licorice string
- Place all guacamole ingredients but tomatoes in a food processor or in a medium sized bowl. Puree in the food processor or puree in bowl using an immersion blender until very smooth.
- Drain tomatoes thoroughly through a sieve and gently blend into the avocado mixture using a spatula.
- Remove all of the leaves from the cauliflower and remove the stem so that there is a hollow area, but most of the florets are intact. (Use toothpicks to hold the sides together if it starts to fall apart).
- Put the hollowed out cauliflower into a snug fitting bowl. (For a really scary presentation, wrap the bowl in cheesecloth stained with red food coloring.)
- Fill in with the guacamole and decorate the florets by weaving the licorice between the florets to make the veins and arteries. You may also sprinkle a bit of red food coloring on the “arteries” as well but be careful not to overdo it.