Last night, my Sharia class had the most depressing movie party a class could ever have. I had briefly mentioned I might make Baklava, to lift the mood but (spoiler alert) Baklava takes like a year make, and I had literally no time. Cookies, on the other hand, take 10 minutes and de-stress like none other. I can’t write a real post because I still have no time. So, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, speak for yourselves.
Do you have no time? Do you make cookies? Tell me all about it in the briefest comments you possibly can 😉
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- Hefty pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2-3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup butter @ room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (optional because I forgot to buy it and it turned out fine) (not really optional though) (also, I suspect Jack Daniels or Jameson would make a great substitute – somebody should try it out)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium-large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and soda and spices.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar on high, until fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in egg, vanilla and pumpkin also for about 3-4 minutes, until blended. Don’t freak out if it looks curdled, it will do that, and it will be ok.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients until just mixed. Then slowly mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheet.
- Bake until edges are golden brown. The recipe I was working off said 10 minutes, mine took like 25. Start checking at 10 – you’ll know.
- Cool on sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to baking rack and eat them all!